Stormsriver Adventures is a leading tourism company that is committed to promoting responsible tourism. Based in the enchanting Tsitsikamma National Forest, the company offers a range of eco-adventure activities including the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour, Woodcutters Journey, Guided Hikes, and Team Building.
Stormsriver Adventures was one of the first activity companies to be accredited by Fair Trade Tourism in 2003, and after 20 years, the company still upholds the values and principles of responsible tourism. Lee-Marque Jansen, who is responsible for the Marketing and Public Relations of the company, explains that what they offer is more than just ziplining, it’s an experience!
“Although both ziplining and canopy tours use cables and similar safety equipment, the Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour is unique because it is offered in Tsitsikamma, where visitors can experience indigenous forest, birdlife, and environmental education. The Tsitsikamma Canopy Tour system is in a pristine wilderness area with unsurpassed beauty, which makes it stand out compared to an average zipline.”, he says.
During the tour, visitors are accompanied by two qualified guides from local villages who ensure their safety and provide them with the best African experience, making sure that they leave knowing that “kumnandi eTsitsikamma – Local is Lekker.” The duration of the tour depends on the group size and can take 1½ to 2 hours. The guide will explain the ecology of the forest and not only mention but show you sustainable tourism and environmental practices.
Stormsriver Adventures is the first eco-adventure company to go green with solar, reduce plastic, and become 85% paperless in its operations. Anneline Wyatt, the MD of Stormsriver Adventures, assures us that the remaining 15% will be tackled over the next two years. CEO of Stormsriver Adventures, Mr. Ashley Wentworth, says “We are committed to doing our part to protect the environment. Installing solar panels is a significant step in our ongoing efforts to reduce our environmental impact and promote sustainable practices.”
Stormsriver Village is a must-stop on the Garden Route, and this company is a one-stop-shop for families and anyone traveling between Cape Town and Gqeberha. Other activities offered by Stormsriver Adventures include a tractor ride through the Plaatbos Nature Reserve of the Garden Route National Park called the Woodcutter Journey. Our guided hikes and team-building activities make sure we have green family fun activities suitable for all ages and fitness levels.