Tourism & Events industry have been the hardest hit due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and the Drakensberg is no exception. What will tourism look like after this difficult period? How does the region plan to re-emerge after this crisis? Just some of the difficult questions being asked. Tourism is such a key industry in the Drakensberg and is certainly central to its economic recovery. To that end this consumer survey has been created so that we can access the new ways people are traveling to the Drakensberg and what we could do to be better.
As a thank you for assisting us with this recovery survey we will enter your name into a lucky draw to win a holiday in the Drakensberg Mountains worth R18 000. https://survey.accommodation-drakensberg.co.za The prize giveaway winner will be drawn on 30.11.2020. The lodges sponsoring the giveaway are 2 nights at Antbear Lodge, 2 nights at Ardmore Guest Farm and 2 nights at Owl and Elephant lodge. The giveaway also includes complementary activities and meals.
So what has been done to make the destination safe and fun experience for everyone. We want you to feel comfortable and confident in your decision-making, despite the uncertainties of our current situation. Health and safety shouldn’t have to take a back seat to having an unforgettable experience if we’re doing things right. To that end, we pledge to do what we can to create a safe experience for our guests, our local partners, and our community. We believe that we’re all in this together and that we each have the power to take steps to reduce the possibility of viral transmission, to protect ourselves and those around us.
That being said, no one can guarantee the elimination of all risks related to COVID-19 and it is up to you to determine whether or not those risks are acceptable to you. We have implemented our health and safety practices in accordance with regulations and guidelines from the South Africa government, TBCSA, as well as the World Travel and Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ framework and in consultation with various experts.
- Refund policies have become more flexible with most places offering a 100% refund or replacement voucher should you wish to reschedule your getaway in regards to COVID-19 cancellations.
- We are asking our visitors to be honest and responsible with a self COVID-19 symptom assessment at check-in. These screening process is for your safety, for that of other guests, staff, and community
- Some establishments have even gone so far as to implement a contactless check in procedure where you scan a QR code on the reception desk and can do all checking requirements through your phone
- In compliance with South African regulations guests are required bring their own masks and wear them covering nose and mouth at all times. Masks may only be taken off to eat.
- Tables are arranged to comply with South African distancing regulations. We also ask our guests to do their best to maintain a safe distance between themselves whenever possible and be sensitive to the fact that different people may have differing levels of comfort with people outside their household
- Hand sanitizer needs be available to guests at all times and we encourage frequent use – especially before eating.
Win a 6 night holiday in the Drakensberg valued at R18000
These 3 places have sponsored this giveaway and you get 2 nights at each place.
Stay 2 nights at Antbear Lodge in a Mountain View site including dinner and breakfast. Choose a free activity as either a horse trail, a cultural storytelling experience in our star gazing hammock camp or for the bold go abseiling. Value R8900
Stay 2 nights at the Owl and Elephant Lodge including dinner and breakfast. Included is a picnic basket and the entry free to Weenen Game Reserve for the day. Value R4100
Stay 2 nights at Ardmore Guest Farm including dinner and breakfast. Included is a free bottle of wine with dinner the first night. Value R5000